Thursday, February 7, 2008

More Bible / Scripture Verses for Labor and Delivery

Thanks to A Joyful Birth website, I now have found many more verses that are bringing comfort and will continue to through the delivery. The Bible is filled with all the answers to life we could possibly want, you just have to look a little deeper for some of them!

Knowledge
  • "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever." Ps. 111:10
  • "Wise men store up knowledge" Prov. 10:14a
  • "A wise man is strong, and a man of knowledge increases power." Prov. 24:5
  • "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:5
Strength
  • "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil.4:13
  • "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." Is. 40:31
  • "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Josh. 1:9
  • "But you, be strong and do not lose courage, for there is reward for your work." 2 Chron. 15:7
  • "The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise Him; my father's God, and I will exalt him." Ex. 15:2
  • "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him." Ps. 28:7
  • "He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power." Is. 40:29
  • "Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10b
  • "I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from whence shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." Ps. 121:1-2
Faith
  • "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil. 1:6
  • "For we walk by faith, not by sight.." 2 Cor. 5:7
  • "Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother's breast. From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb you have been my God." Ps. 22:9-10
  • "'Shall I bring to the point of birth, and not give delivery?' says the Lord." Is. 66:9a
  • "From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you." Ps. 71:6
  • "For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, 'move from here to there', and it shall move; and nothing shall be impossible to you." Matt. 17:20b
  • "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7
  • "In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid." Ps. 56:11a
  • "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Prov. 3:5-6
  • "Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will do it." Ps. 37:4-5
  • "And this is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked of Him." 1 John 5:14-15
Peace
  • "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28
  • "I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears." Ps. 34.4
  • "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him." Ps. 37:7b
  • "Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need." Heb. 4:16
  • "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and sound judgment." 2 Tim. 1:7
  • "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam though the mountains quake at its swelling pride." Ps. 46:1-3

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great list of scripture. Thanks for sharing it!