Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Confessions of a CF Husband

I have been following this family for about a month now. I was told about them through our friends Patience and Jordan. I've never met this family before, but when another woman is pregnant, no matter if you know her or not, you somehow feel a bond with her immediately. God is simultaneously working a miracle in both of our bodies. That's a hard common denominator to avoid.

This family is facing many difficult situations. The wife has cystic fibrosis and they just had to have an emergency c-section of their 24 week old baby due to the overwhelming complications the pregnancy was causing. Through many many miracles, both of them are living proof of God's amazing power! I am daily reminded of how much he cherishes life when I look at a picture of this little girl. The father and husband has been blogging through this entire journey. Since the birth of their little girl they have had over 450,000 hits on their blog. Each and every one of those hits represent one way in which this family is touching a life.

Please join me in prayer for this family. They love the LORD with everything they have and are praising him through each and every moment. Their faith is so inspiring. I could only pray that I would have as much courage as they have during such a trying time.